Thursday, August 25, 2011
Ocean City MD vs Hurricane Irene
OCEAN CITY MD is on a collision path with Hurricane Irene. Beginning Saturday evening the storm will begin to batter the east coast of Maryland. Some have reported that winds will be as high as 85 miles per hour. Storm surge is always a concern in Maryland. Wide spread damage is possible not only on the Eastern Shore but also inland.
Emergency plans have been put into place and some 150,000 people are being evacuated from the shore. A store clerk told me this afternoon that all bars and liquor stores will be shutdown so that people have their wits about them when the trouble comes. I have not verified this statement, but that would be a difficult move by authorities.
My question is if you are evacuated, do you get a refund on that expensive condo you rented for the week? I hope so.
At the writing of this blog, the hurricane is still far away, but are you prepared? Batteries, toilet paper, water etc are essentials for storm preparation. I hope the power stays on as I have an all electric home. My essentials are in the house.
Be safe everyone. Eighty five MPH winds are dangerous, very dangerous. Keep your eye to the sky.
KJ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment